If you or someone in your company is interested in becoming a Notary Public, Wake Technical Community College makes it convenient by teaching a notary public class once a quarter at the Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce. The full-day course (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) includes understanding the Office of Notary Public, general powers, attestation, certification, oaths, and affidavits. Participants take an exam at the end of class and complete the application for becoming a notary public. The Notary Public Guidebook for North Carolina is included in the cost of the class. Space is limited, and the class is available to members and non-members. The cost is $165 for Chamber members and $190 for non-members. Check our online calendar for the next available class.
Encouraging Knowledge, Enterprise, and Leadership
The Wake Forest Chamber Foundation for Common Progress is a 501c3 charitable foundation which operates for the general purposes to provide educational opportunities for both adults and youth, focusing on leadership, health and wellness, financial literacy and diversity awareness. The foundation also looks to provide entrepreneurs with business start-up education, training, idea incubation and acceleration, and to finally provide the business community with workforce development and training opportunities and regulatory compliance matters.
The Foundation’s initial focus is on the development of Wake Forest’s future leaders. Leadership Wake Forest and Youth Leadership are funded and supported by the Foundation.
Leadership Wake Forest connects adults as they form beneficial professional relationships; creates projects that benefit the community; and cultivates future leaders. Learn more.
Youth Leadership connects youth to a network of both adult and youth leaders; creates leadership skills through a robust curriculum; and cultivates a group of informed, committed youth motivated to learn more about our community. Learn more.
Contribute to the Foundation
Businesses and individuals interested in supporting these programs are invited to contribute to the Foundation. You may make and individual donation which is tax deductible or your business can sponsor a program in some way. To learn more about sponsorships click here.
Your donation will support educational programming for 30 high school students participating in Youth Leadership, as well as support the philanthropic class project that the adult Leadership Wake Forest class undertakes. If interested, please complete the form below.
Creating Wake Forest’s future leaders.
Youth Leadership Wake Forest is an annual training program for high school students who have demonstrated some leadership abilities. The program aims to develop a group of informed, committed and competent youth motivated to learn more about our community, to assume leadership roles in our schools, and to become more involved in our civic, cultural, economic development, and philanthropic organizations and groups. The goal of the program is that every young leader in Wake Forest will be able to:
- Develop stronger leadership skills through a robust curriculum taught by skilled facilitators
- Gain an awareness of the need for community service, civic participation, and philanthropy
- Increase familiarity with areas in Wake Forest beyond their immediate neighborhood and school
- Interact with adult leaders in business, non-profits and public sectors
- Acquire a network of adult and youth leaders in Wake Forest, which can form an excellent basis for their success in the work and college world
Watch our Youth Leadership Wake Forest video to learn more.
Meet our 2016-17 class! Click here.
Qualifications: All applicants must:
- Attend Wake Forest High School, Heritage High School, Wakefield High School or Franklin Academy, or live in the 27587 zip code but attend other schools or are homeschooled.
- Be a rising sophomore or junior
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 (or C) grade point average
- Complete a Youth Leadership Wake Forest Application and interview with panel
- Provide at least three references: (2) from school and (1) community member.
**See application for complete details.
Application Process: Applications are now open for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications due by February 24, 2017. Participation in Youth Leadership Wake Forest is open to all sophomores and juniors who qualify based on the above criteria. Applicants must be in good academic standing and have no attendance or disciplinary problems at their school. The Selection Committee reviews all applications and chooses a diverse class of motivated students who express concern about improving the community and the potential leadership ability to contribute to the betterment of Wake Forest.
Call (919) 556-1519 or fill out the form below.
Take your career to the next level.
Get involved in the business community and take your career to the next level by joining the Wake Forest Young Professionals Network. You’ll establish contacts and grow personally through this peer-based group. The Wake Forest Young Professionals Network provides events that engage professionals ages 23 – 40. The group meets monthly. The group has networking lunches, quarterly outings and socials, and guest speakers.
Want to join? Call (919) 556-1519 or fill out the form below.
Connecting, Educating and Celebrating Women Business Professionals.
Women Business Owners Alliance (wBOA) brings together professional women who are members of the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce. These dynamic female business executives meet monthly (January – November) to share common goals, successes, concerns and issues. wBOA’s primary focus is not traditional networking or lead-generation; wBOA is a mastermind group designed to promote collaboration and brainstorming through provocative speakers and the sharing of business knowledge and experiences among participants. wBOA discourages participants from soliciting business or requesting sales during its meetings or socials.
wBOA provides participants with:
- A monthly respite from the grind of business – wBOA meets on the third (3rd) Friday of each month from 8:30-10:00 am in the Chamber Boardroom (excluding February, May, August and November Socials).
- Opportunities to gather with like-minded women who share common goals, challenges, issues, concerns, solutions and aspirations.
- Recognition and celebration of business successes.
- A forum to connect and collaborate during topic-driven discussions.
- “Ask the Expert” meetings that provide speakers who share their expertise on business topics and matters such as business finance, marketing and legal compliance.
- Four (4) socials (February, May, August and November).
Are you a potential participant in the Women Business Owners Alliance?
wBOA’s program is created to support female business professionals who:
- Are current members of the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce;
- Serve as a leader in an area business;
- Are responsible for the financial viability and risks to the business’ bottom line;
- Are not a president/CEO or partner in a multi-leveI marketing company;
- Appreciate that wBOA is not a formal networking group that does not focus on lead generation as its primary objective;
- Do not wish to attend a meeting in which they are solicited by fellow participants; and
- Will attend at least six (6) of the 11 wBOA events scheduled during the year and understand that active participation is truly the best way to benefit from wBOA.
Ambassadors often go on to become leaders in the Chamber, as well as business and civic leaders. Thank you to our current Ambassadors!
Perry & Brandt, Attorneys at Law
Coastal Federal Credit Union
Christian Brothers Automotive – Wake Forest
Mitchell & Nemitz, PA
Perkins Counseling & Psychological Services
LightSource Education and Wake Forest Smiles
Carillon Assisted Living of Wake Forest
Christi Spencer State Farm
Knotable Occasions, LLC
Quality Plus Automotive Service, Inc.
Ambassador of the Year 2016-17: Karen Walker, Knotable Occasions LLC
Ambassador of the Year 2015-16: Shannon Arner, Pet ‘n Nanny
If you would like to become a Chamber Ambassador, call (919) 556-1519 or fill out the form below.