There’s no better way than Leadership Wake Forest to develop your leadership skills, get to know the Wake Forest area, and discover ways to contribute to your community. Once a month for nine months, participants are involved in interactive classes that provide an in-depth view of the town’s history; regional, state and federal government; economic development; entrepreneurship; education; public service; and health and wellness. Several sessions will allow the class to develop topics based on a collective interest. Information will be presented through panel discussions, on-site tours, hands-on activities, simulations, team discussions and informal Q&A sessions providing a unique setting to meet local leaders. Participants are also exposed to community involvement opportunities and develop leadership skills necessary to assume leadership roles.
“I participated in Leadership Wake Forest because even though I come here to work every day,
I wanted to feel more a part of the community. I feel like meeting other leaders in the town and
learning more about the nature of business and the character of the people who live here, helped
me to uncover opportunities outside my workplace to make a difference in my life and the lives
of the people who call this place home.”
–Walt Reynolds, Branch Executive Director, Kerr Family YMCA / YMCA at The Factory
Applications are open for the 2017-2018 Leadership Wake Forest class. Please click here to apply. Scholarships are available.
Watch our Leadership Wake Forest video to learn more.
- Enhance knowledge of and commitment to the Wake Forest area.
- Develop leadership skills and form beneficial professional relationships.
- Stimulate an understanding of the forces and trends affecting the development of the community, and to enhance cooperation for the advancement of Wake Forest.
- Bring together people who welcome the opportunity to expand their involvement in community affairs and are willing to explore new leadership responsibilities.
- Develop and carry out a community need-based project.
Questions? Call (919) 556-1519 or fill out the form below.