Creating Wake Forest’s future leaders.
Youth Leadership Wake Forest is an annual training program for high school students who have demonstrated some leadership abilities. The program aims to develop a group of informed, committed and competent youth motivated to learn more about our community, to assume leadership roles in our schools, and to become more involved in our civic, cultural, economic development, and philanthropic organizations and groups. The goal of the program is that every young leader in Wake Forest will be able to:
- Develop stronger leadership skills through a robust curriculum taught by skilled facilitators
- Gain an awareness of the need for community service, civic participation, and philanthropy
- Increase familiarity with areas in Wake Forest beyond their immediate neighborhood and school
- Interact with adult leaders in business, non-profits and public sectors
- Acquire a network of adult and youth leaders in Wake Forest, which can form an excellent basis for their success in the work and college world
Watch our Youth Leadership Wake Forest video to learn more.
Meet our 2016-17 class! Click here.
Qualifications: All applicants must:
- Attend Wake Forest High School, Heritage High School, Wakefield High School or Franklin Academy, or live in the 27587 zip code but attend other schools or are homeschooled.
- Be a rising sophomore or junior
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 (or C) grade point average
- Complete a Youth Leadership Wake Forest Application and interview with panel
- Provide at least three references: (2) from school and (1) community member.
**See application for complete details.
Application Process: Applications are now open for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications due by February 24, 2017. Participation in Youth Leadership Wake Forest is open to all sophomores and juniors who qualify based on the above criteria. Applicants must be in good academic standing and have no attendance or disciplinary problems at their school. The Selection Committee reviews all applications and chooses a diverse class of motivated students who express concern about improving the community and the potential leadership ability to contribute to the betterment of Wake Forest.
Call (919) 556-1519 or fill out the form below.