Heard of speed dating? Well, Schmoozapalooza is speed networking! All the fun and none of the stress. In just a few hours, you’ll meet a room full of potential customers and make connections to help your business grow. The next Schmoozapalooza networking event will be held Friday, November 30, 2018, from 9:00 – 11:30 am in The Mill Room at The Factory. The cost is $20 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members. Register Online
Here’s what a past participant has to say …
“That Schmoozapalooza was by far the best networking event of all time and I need there to be another one ASAP! I already have a few meetings from it! It has been absolutely amazing what the Chamber has done for me in terms of coming to a whole new area and meeting SO MANY PEOPLE!”
–Michael Allen, PAYCHEX
Here’s how speed networking works:
- Attendees will sit at a table with five other networkers.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to speak for three minutes about their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- At the end of 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to a new table and the networking starts all over again!
How to prepare:
- Bring 100 business cards to share with other networkers and to give as a soft referral.
- Wear a name badge (we will have Chamber ones on site).
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Bring a small pad of paper to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person’s time. When you hear the buzzer move on to the next person. You will have time during the break to get additional information.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table – be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener… hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- Break time is for connecting with others in the room. In these short 4 rounds you may not meet everyone during the rotations. If you see someone you don’t know, introduce yourself!
9:15 am – Registration ends
9:20 am – Welcome & Networking Tips by Stephen Hand , president of BNI International
9:40 am – Instructions & Round 1
10:00 am – Break
10:10 am – Round 2
10:30 am – Break
10:40 am – Round 3
11:00 am – Break
11:10 am – Round 4
11:30 am – Schmooza END – Wrap up
Light refreshments will be served.