Heard of speed dating? Well, Schmoozapalooza is speed networking! All the fun and none of the stress. In just a few hours, you’ll meet a room full of potential customers and make connections to help your business grow. The next Schmoozapalooza networking event will be held in February 7, 2020, at 9:00 am at The Mill Room at The Factory. This event is open to the public. Tickets are $20 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members. Click here to register!
Here’s what a past participant has to say …
“That Schmoozapalooza was by far the best networking event of all time and I need there to be another one ASAP! I already have a few meetings from it! It has been absolutely amazing what the Chamber has done for me in terms of coming to a whole new area and meeting SO MANY PEOPLE!”
–Michael Allen, PAYCHEX
Here’s how speed networking works:
- Attendees will sit at a table with five other networkers.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to speak for three minutes about their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- At the end of 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to a new table and the networking starts all over again!
How to prepare:
- Bring 100 business cards to share with other networkers and to give as a soft referral.
- Wear a name badge (we will have Chamber ones on site).
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Bring a small pad of paper to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person’s time. When you hear the buzzer move on to the next person. You will have time during the break to get additional information.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table – be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener… hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- Break time is for connecting with others in the room. In these short 4 rounds you may not meet everyone during the rotations. If you see someone you don’t know, introduce yourself!
9:15 am – Registration ends
9:20 am – Welcome
9:40 am – Instructions & Round 1
10:00 am – Break
10:10 am – Round 2
10:30 am – Break
10:40 am – Round 3
11:00 am – Break
11:10 am – Round 4
11:30 am – Schmooza END – Wrap up
Light refreshments will be served.
This fun-filled event will be an opportunity for residents to learn about summer and track-out camps, and find their local pre-school, childcare or educational center, healthcare, extracurricular activities, and other family-oriented business. The Family Expo will also include an outdoor Kid Zone featuring bounce houses and other kid-friendly activities. See below for details on this year’s event!
Leadership Lit is the Wake Forest Chamber’s book club that focuses on books and TED Talks related to business and leadership. The group is a great way to get to know other Chamber members in a small group setting. You’ll make connections, have intelligent conversations, and have your thoughts and opinions heard. Leadership Lit meets on the third Monday of every month in the North State Bank Community Room at the Chamber, 350 S. White Street, Wake Forest. Meetings are offered free of charge for all Chamber members.
Meet in the Street, Wake Forest’s premier arts and crafts festival, will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 10 am – 4 pm. Coordinated by the Wake Forest Chamber, Meet in the Street is a full day of family fun. Visitors can browse booths filled with handmade arts and crafts, as well as those sponsored by local businesses; eat from nearly two dozen food vendors; listen to live music; and meet their neighbors in the streets of historic downtown Wake Forest. A Young Entrepreneurs Fair during the event allows local youth ages 9-14 to create handmade items and sell them alongside the professional artisans.
Applications are now available! Click on any of the applications below for complete details and to apply.
Arts & Crafts Vendor Application
Non-Profit & Food Vendor Application
Downtown Merchants Application
Sponsorships & Business Booths Application
Young Entrepreneurs Fair Application
Questions? Contact Ann Welton via email or at 919-556-1519.
Name: Family Expo presented by Shaw RV
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
Time: 10 am - 2 pm
Location Name: Richland Creek Community Church
Location Address: 3229 Burlington Mills Road, Wake Forest
Price: $Free to attend
Join us on Saturday, March 21 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at Richland Creek Community Church for the Wake Forest Area Chamber’s second annual Family Expo. Presented by Shaw RV, the expo will include dozens of exhibitor booths featuring Northern Wake County’s premier family-friendly business. From summer and track-out camps, healthcare and local school options, to extracurricular activities like swim lessons, dance and martial arts, you’ll find every aspect of family life represented as you walk among the booths.
The Family Expo will also be a place for kids to be kids, so don’t leave the little ones at home! Our outdoor Kid Zone will include plenty of pint-sized fun including bounce houses and other surprises.
Booth registration is now open. Download our packet of information for complete details. Standard booths are available, as well as sponsorships which provide you with premium locations and additional marketing exposure.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (919) 556-1519.