Heard of speed dating? Well, Schmoozapalooza is speed networking! All the fun and none of the stress. In just a few hours, you’ll meet a room full of potential customers and make connections to help your business grow. The next Schmoozapalooza networking event will be held in February 7, 2020. Click here for details and to register!
Here’s what a past participant has to say …
“That Schmoozapalooza was by far the best networking event of all time and I need there to be another one ASAP! I already have a few meetings from it! It has been absolutely amazing what the Chamber has done for me in terms of coming to a whole new area and meeting SO MANY PEOPLE!”
–Michael Allen, PAYCHEX
Here’s how speed networking works:
- Attendees will sit at a table with five other networkers.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to speak for three minutes about their business, what sets them apart, and what referrals are best for them.
- At the end of 18 minutes, schmoozers will rotate to a new table and the networking starts all over again!
How to prepare:
- Bring 100 business cards to share with other networkers and to give as a soft referral.
- Wear a name badge (we will have Chamber ones on site).
- Be ready to share about your business. Suggestion: 1 minute to share about your business, 1 minute to tell what makes a good referral for you, 1 minute to share soft contact leads.
- Bring a small pad of paper to write down any leads or referrals that can be shared.
- Be respectful of each person’s time. When you hear the buzzer move on to the next person. You will have time during the break to get additional information.
- Be willing to share your contacts with others and willing to make soft introductions if you know someone that could make a good referral for someone at your table – be willing to help cast a larger net!
- Be a good listener… hold questions for the person until they finish their introduction.
- Break time is for connecting with others in the room. In these short 4 rounds you may not meet everyone during the rotations. If you see someone you don’t know, introduce yourself!
9:15 am – Registration ends
9:20 am – Welcome
9:40 am – Instructions & Round 1
10:00 am – Break
10:10 am – Round 2
10:30 am – Break
10:40 am – Round 3
11:00 am – Break
11:10 am – Round 4
11:30 am – Schmooza END – Wrap up
Light refreshments will be served.